Tuesday, November 6, 2007

NaKniSweMo----Days 3, 4, 5 : A Spinnin' and A Swatchin'

Day 3. I spin up a sample of yarn, watch it bloom as I plunge it into hot water. And spin singles.

Day 4. A day of Rest, in honor of the Lord's Day.

Day 5. I swatch the yarn, and spin singles. As fast as I can.

Today I will ply. Tomorrow, if all goes well, I will ball up the skeins and cast on. There will not be enough yarn for the entire sweater, but there should be enough to prevent stalls in my knitting progress. For a while, it will mean daily spinning and daily knitting.

The yarn is the closest I have come to a true woolen. It also is terribly unskilled. I am a novice at carding, and a novice at spinning hand-carded preps, and it shows. In spite of the fact that it is a yarn that only a mother could love, I love it. It feels like I am knitting with cords of velvet.

No comments: