Friday, August 29, 2008
Apparently the Hopi tribe use the seeds from these sunflowers to make both black and purple dyes for cloth and baskets. If my seeds mature before frost, I will enjoy experimenting with them. In the meantime, they are a cheerful sight in the garden, with blue and purple morning glories climbing them, the bees clustering around them; plants green and vigorous in a brown and crispy yard.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
When I consider the heavens, the works of Your fingers, the moon and the stars which You have ordained..... what is man, that You are mindful of him, and the son of man, that You visit him?
Spunky Club "Eclipse" fiber in Romney. I spun the singles holding the club fiber with natural colored Black Norwegian, and sometimes with grey Icelandic. Plied on my new Julia. Smiles. Crocheted with a few other handspuns into a rug that to my imagination does look reminiscent of an eclipse.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
tagged me for a meme.....six quirky things about me.
1) Link to the person who tagged me
2) Mention the rules
3) Tell six quirky yet boring things about yourself
4) Tag 6 other bloggers by linking to them
5) Go to each person's blog to let them know they have been tagged!
1. I do not spend change. It is a Detail too big for me to handle. You mean, you want me to hold on to my purse, while handing over the proper number of small metallic objects? Such doings make it far more likely that I will forget to take my purchases with me.... (something that has happened more often than I care to admit) So I spend bills and keep change. When I got married I had a great deal of change in odd places. One of my old roomates said I was like the girl in the fairy tale, who opened her mouth and roses and jewels dropped out.... except with me it was change. Now my dear husband is my change manager. He takes care of it for me.
2. I like fresh air. When I was in my early teens, in central PA, we lived in a house with no heat upstairs, and that was where I slept. Loving the wind, I kept my windows open all winter, and prided myself on using a single blanket. While I am much more fond of my comfort in my, cough, advancing years, I do still like fresh air.
3. I am clutzy and have knocked myself flat on the pavement with my own car door.
4. I have an excessive dislike of fake flowers.
5. I find it very difficult to invite people to my home because I feel like I'll be bothering them. It is this same quirk that will keep me from tagging people with this meme. ;-) However, you are welcome to pick it up from my blog at will. I'd love to read about your quirks!
6. I read and reread letters over and over before I send them, obsessing over the wording, and subsequently forget to send them. I have found many letters that I thought I sent, tucked into books and other odd places.... If I owe you one, be assured of my kind thoughts toward you.....