Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Distractable

when faced with a deadline that seems impossible to meet, some people buckle down to work and get the job done. I just start new projects, and hang them in trees. (See above)

There, in pink, is Verity's hat. Chapeau Marnier, from Knitty. But you can't tell yet!

The linen colored yarn is 100% linen that will become a cover for the couch cushion that has suffered the most at the hands and backsides of the six little ones. Eventually in my dreams I will lovingly swathe the entire couch in tough-as-nails handknit covers, and for this crazy thought I blame the heady concepts in Mason Dixon Knitting. Plain knitting, in the round, perfect mindless knitting.

I have succumbed to the soothing Celebration colorway, as spinning continues for Mercy's hat/scarf set. I decided to go for a barber pole look on this yarn, and I am pleased with the many interactions of the muted tones in this colorway.


But the Nightshade socks have not been entirely neglected. This one nears completion, a different kind of socks on 2 circs, courtesy of the delightful resoleable sock pattern in Favorite Socks. I plan to make the toes match the leg of the sock, and I think that despite my fears, they will be quite handsome. This picture----at last!----shows the sock's true colors.
Last but not least, here is Verity's little doll-sized scarf she is making in garter stitch.

No comments: