Friday, July 15, 2011

Tour de Fleece Friday Update!



Sometime a week goes by so swiftly, it a surprise to come to the end. And so with this week. But there has been spinning.

Here is the current main spinning-in-progress. It is satin angora that I lay across wool top as I spin. I am hoping to finish this yarn tomorrow.

The current spindle lineup includes color!




Here is the finished flax. 250 yards of two ply. And I am happy with it. This would be a lace yarn in wool, but I'd like to go for more of a thread next time I spin linen.

And my new resolution: spin plant fibers for every Tour! They are so satisfying and suited to the season.




2 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I am in awe of you spinning flax on your drop spindle. Great challenge too.

Anonymous said...

Your skein of linen turned out very nice! Great idea of dedicating one day each week to spinning flax!

Loved the previous pictures of you out for spinning walks with your girls. Looks like pleasant lanes to meander along.