Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Time for Everything



The longer I live here, the more I appreciate the seasonality of living in the rural North. The summertime is for enjoying the outdoors, for putting up food for the winter, for weeding, for harvesting, for soaking up the sunshine.

The winter is a time for quiet and reflection and a slower pace.( even taking the hectic holidays into account and the social activities that seem to multiply since there is less work for the farmers.)


And so, for me, the crazy busy summer is over, and I no longer need to take time out for fiber. It fits into the rhythm of a late autumn day.

My spindles are out.

My knitting needles are busy.

And the crochet hook?
Why, I have a finished object! for the chiropractor's new baby girl.


Handspun Merino Seacell , fiber from Spunky Eclectic
I started with a pattern, but this little sweater took off in other directions.

And I have a cousin's baby to knit for, a little cabled sweater that is close to done now. Perhaps there will be another post soon?



No comments: