Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Novelty Yarns!






I took a class with Maria of Foraging Fibers yesterday, hosted by my spinning guild.

I like the looks of novelty yarns but never seem to spin them, so a class was the perfect thing!
Maria kept us busy and gave us our money's worth. She was there to help just the perfect amount, and had some wonderful knowledge and sneaky techniques that appealed to my lazy side. I'm sorry though that I didn't get a picture of her lovely smile!
Here are some of the yarns she's spun. My favorite is the robin's egg yarn.

Doesn't that egg nestle in its nest so sweetly?
And here are the yarns that I spun. I am most inspired.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Ooh, pretty! I'm fascinated by the robin's egg. No idea what I'd use such a yarn for, but it's so creative!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feature! You're too kind. :)