Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Distractions





May and June have been rife with delightful distractions from the fiber world. Visits from West Coast family and Midwest family brought the balm that comes with seeing loved ones and a bit of chaos too. The kids were able to play with ten of their cousins all total! and I was able to visit with parents and sisters....



Then there is the garden.... after such a long and snowy winter, the garden calls me all day long. I wander around it storing up sunshine and blooms.....



and spiders.



I am the cottage garden type.... my ideal garden is crammed with all manner of plants.... showy flowers, useful herbs, and maybe even a vegetable or two may escape the vegetable plots, or flowers find their way into the vegetable garden...

This is only our second summer here. Last year I was getting to know the soil and the planty residents.... this year I am beginning to fill in. It doesn't look like much now. But now and then I see glimpses of what will be.



Now that the planting and visits are done, there is a little time to savor some fiber.



Balls of spindle spun Yak-Merino waiting to be plied on the wheel tonight.

And some pretty silk to start.






5 comments:

Alpaca Granny said...

Enjoyed your pictures. I WILL be at Cary's next Saturday, the 27th.
Maple

Carla said...

What a beautiful family you have. And I love the color of the silk - zowie!

cyndy said...

Life looks good, and so does that yummy silk!

Craig Mutton said...

Love the pix of the young'ns.Also like the sounds of your garden. We have been eating green beans from ours.

I remember when you grew cotton & flax behind the shed in PA. You were becoming who you are.

Kinda cool!

Unknown said...

The photos are all terrific-looking including the kids, the garden, and the silk. Congrats!